Thursday, June 17, 2010

Moving!


Very exciting that I just purchased my first home!  I mean, really exciting.  I have dreamt about owning my own place for a long time and it's hard to believe that it's finally happened.   What I didn't dream about was what it would be like to actually furnish a place and make it feel like a home.

That's what the place looked like the day I moved, on May 7th.  Sadly, it's been more than a month and not much has changed.  All the furniture Dave and I had was old and worn out, so we decided to replace everything!  Turns out when you're buying stuff to have FOREVER there's a lot more pressure to buy nice stuff that you want to look at for the next 15 years.   I've been a little bit stressed about it, but am finding it so much fun to look at the design mags and figure out how I want the place to look. 

 Phurba, however, does not seemed stressed at all and, in fact, as far as we can tell, absolutely loves her new place!  We put in a dog door for her, and she thinks that's about the best thing ever.    There's a great walking trail right from our house.  She and I have already fallen into our morning walk routine - a 45 minute canal walk with lots of squirrels for her to chase.  

The only bummer on the new house is the electric range and oven!  Blast!  I said I would never go electric.  I was amazed at how quickly I compromised my ideals to have this house.  Whatever.  Sue me. I love the house and I'm not leaving. 

There's lots to do - the yardwork, upgrading the electrical, buying a square bathmat for outside of the shower (not hard to find until you're looking for one!), ordering blinds, hanging pictures, figuring out the best pizza delivery for the new address - the list is endless.  

I'm loving every minute!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're enjoying yourself, JQ. Good for you.
    -Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the best things about owning the space in which your stove resides? The freedom to replace said stove at will with the appliance of your choosing. The day I finally get the stove of my dreams installed I swear I am going to sleep next to it!

    ReplyDelete